This week on Tuesday Taggers we were challenged to alter a tag from an item of clothing. I haven't done much altering so this was a challenge to me. I didn't know whether to cover with paper or paint it or just use inks. In the end I used Tim Holtz distress ink to colour the tag. I then stamped on it with a floral stamp with water to give it that watermark look that distress inks do so brilliantly. To do this I put some water onto a flat surface and stamped my stamp into the water like I would with a stamp pad, but then patted it down on a wet wipe which took off some of the water but not all of it and stamped it onto the inked cardboard.
I then found some patterned papers, in this case Stampin' Up and Basic Grey and paperpieced them to make Flowers. I drew around a button and then did my petals. Stuck my buttons back on and stuck them to my tag. To add some bling I added gems to the centre of the flowers and used glossy accents on the leaves with a gem at the base of them.
I really enjoyed this challenge and am really looking forward to showing you my entry for next weeks challenge.